It’s a re-mastered version of The Greatest Rock and Roll Single Ever Made with the killer “Electrophonic Tonic” on the flip. So what did you think we’d say about this gem? No life is complete without “City Slang” spinning on the turntable. This release is a 45 so we can give it a place on the jukebox as well.
“Not My Girl” shakes like “96 Tears” free-falling out of a 30th-floor building. It takes just as long to hit the bottom. I like it best of the three tunes on this 45.
No-nonsense gutter rock’s attack on society’s elites gets a little dirtier with this sterling 45 from Brisbane.
Here’s a freaked-out, lo-fi, mindfuck of a 45 that does Brisbane’s reputation for sonic mayhem no harm. Ex-Hekawis and Shutdown ’66 bassist James Pierce leads the trio on this monstrous single.
If it’s a single of ‘60s sounds it makes perfect sense for it to be in mono. Suzi Chunk is a Welsh singer fronting a well-mannered band called Groovy Uncle and singing beat pop. If she was any more authentic her name would be Dusty Springfield.
More Articles ...
- I’m Walkin’ b/w Hey Señorita - The Beatpack (State Records)
- Ich Bin Ein Esel EP - Ich Bin Ein Esel (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Adidas Tracksuit b/w Bored!@Rics - Mad Macka (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Gross Registrable Tonnage EP - Happy Times (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Fay Wray - The Exile Co. b/w My Name and My Number - The City Lights (Spiral Scratch)
- Another Lost Weekend b/w Animal - Chris "Klondike" Masuak and Los Eternos (H Records)