After flooring all who attended the Big Star’s Third tribute show for Sydney Festival in January and his subsequent solo shows with Chris Stamey and Skylar Gudasz, Ken Stringfellow is returning to Australia for intimate sideshows in Sydney, Hobart and Melbourne.
On December 6, 2013, some of Sydney's best-known rock and roll stalwarts gathered to celebrate the life of Stooges guitarist Ron Asheton, who passed away in 2009.
For the past 30 years, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles (aka D.R.I.) have built themselves a legacy as the epitome of the original aggressive, hardcore-punk thrash sound. The original pioneers of 'crossover thrash' are not only returning to Australia for the first time in 20 years but are making their long awaited debut on New Zealand shores.
Photos by Emmy Etie
Enmore Theatre - March 29, 2014
Richard Burgman was adamant when he bounced up to the microphone before a note was played and declared that the Sydney show would be the Sunnyboys' last. Who could blame him if he meant their final gig ever rather than the end of the tour. Informed sources say it's not the case and that the Sunnyboys will live on.
Those pop-punk-metal-psych-whatever legends the Hard-Ons are having a 30th birthday party and Australia (and anyone who wants to fly in from overseas) is invited.
Expectations are one thing. Outcomes are another. The Scientists reformation (as in 35th anniversary of the original line-up) show at Sydney’s Factory Theatre failed to deliver for any number of reasons.
Pro Tools were bloody good. Drums bass guitar. Bassist I've seen before. Guitar is now Pete 'the Stud', who is a ridiculously talented, good natured show off. And damn good value. See them if they come to town, track them down and invite them if that society wedding promises to be a bit dreary.
More Articles ...
- New Podcast: Bob Short's Complete History of Rock and Roll
- Sunnyboys at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney by Kyleigh Pitcher
- Faster…Louder. The Dictators’ Best 1975-2001 - The Dictators (Raven)
- Fresh Meat With No Strings Attached: Curt Kirkwood of the Meat Puppets
- City Slang b/w Electrophonic Tonic - Sonic’s Rendezvous Band (Easy Action)
- Decline's demise gives rise to Joeys Coop
- Birdman box set just a shot away
- Cheetah Chrome takes to the streets
- Rolling Stones not On Fire for now