First, these 20-minute interviews seem to be the bane of journos everywhere. It seems the time-limit prevents the journos getting chummy with the artist. No wonder Prince doesn't give interviews anymore, who'd want a bunch of music journos crawling at ya, total strangers wanting to be your pal. Twenty minutes is fine. The artist is there to promote the album, use the journo as a conduit.
It’s a re-mastered version of The Greatest Rock and Roll Single Ever Made with the killer “Electrophonic Tonic” on the flip. So what did you think we’d say about this gem? No life is complete without “City Slang” spinning on the turntable. This release is a 45 so we can give it a place on the jukebox as well.
All eyes turn to Marrickville in Sydney’s inner-west on April 11 for the debut of Joeys Coop, a band whose ranks read like a who’s who of inner-Sydney underground (and overground) rock.
The planned Radio Birdman CD box set of previously released albums paid with bonus material from the vaults is now tracking for a late July release, it has been announced.
It’s an entirely name-worthy pairing: Los Angeles’ best punk rock and roll band, The Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs, are teaming with Dead Boys guitar legend Cheetah Chrome to hit the road in the USA.
The Human Riff is on hold. The Rolling Stones have postponed the Australian and New Zealand leg of their 14 ON FIRE tour following the tragic death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L’Wren Scott.
Tributes are pouring in for Stooges drummer Scott Asheton who passed away over the weekend, aged 64.
Naming - what we call things - is important. Especially in music, where a few thoughtless letters conjure up a musical dead end, a drab boring vista of endless garbage. I’m sure we all have our favourite term to hate.
HITS are an important band: for those who really care about Australia Rock, the history, the character and breathtaking urgency that some bands at certain times can produce.
More Articles ...
- Not My Girl/Goose Step b/w In My Jungle - Chinese Burns (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Everybody b/w Executive - The Dangermen (Swashbucklling Hobo)
- The Mountain b/w Supernatural - Stink Bugs (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Like Elephants 2 - The Movements (Crusher Records)
- Ed Kuepper goes mail order for new LP
- Open Your Eyes to Smoke - Nunchukka Superfly (Citadel Records)
- Wolf Party - Various Artists (Voodoo Rhythm)
- Television turns workaholic
- Straight James leads Iggy-less Stooges through new album