Top Tens for 2021: Ashley Thomson of Sydney '80s punks The Kelpies
- Shooting up vaccine while saying, “’scuse me while I kiss the sky
- Wavves – “Hideaway” album. I play it every day for months. Loved ‘em since “King of The Beach”.
- Private Function - Best rock/punk band in Australia and also the funniest. Their live shows are action from start to finish.
- Ceremony – There has been an astonishing progression over the last 10 years. Think Husker Dü/Replacements, but they have gotten to this neon, cool place at the moment. Their old shows on YouTube are killer.
- A kid I made, Spike Vincent, made this beautiful song called “Time Machine”, it’s in skateboarding movies etc. I love it.
- Watching this year’s Stones tour on YouTube and the Beatles doco (I love both of ‘em.)
- Started a new label called Rolled in Glitter Records: “You can’t shine a turd but you can roll it in glitter” . I will be raiding my vaults. Vanity label extreme.
- How my close friends were supportive during virus crazy time.
- Shane McGowan doco “Fairy Tale in New York”. It gives me rising sad tears every time.
- Also fuck all you, you rusted on Radio Birdman heads!!!
Tags: ashley thomson, spike vincent